Early bird entry fee R990 excluding VAT (approximately USD76 or EUR66) from 16 March until 7 June 2021
This year The Aurora International Taste Challenge will be held in South Africa, and will have some of the top food professionals judging products from around the world. The goal is to identify and award the best-tasting products available to consumers.
The aim of the panellists is to assess the quality of products from the consumer’s point of view, in similar circumstances to those in which a consumer would enjoy the product. This event will champion meat products from around the world that are made for the discerning consumer.
Meat products will be judged in sub categories according to the following main criteria:
- Salami – various types can be specified
- Ham – various options can be specified
- Dry-cured meats – Includes coppa, pancetta, prosciutto etc. and different types can be specified
- Jerky or biltong – various types can be specified
- Droë wors – various types can be specified
- Bacon – different types can be specified
- Cooked/cured meat – various types can be specified, pastrami, roast beef, corned beef etc.
- Cooked/smoked ready to eat sausages – various types can be specified, Viennas, Russians, bratwurst etc.
- Uncooked Sausages – Various types can be speicified, Boerewors, Andouille, beerwurst etc.
- Patés, terrines and Rillettes
- Patties/Burgers – various types can be specified.
- Kebabs/Sosaties/Skewers – various types can be specified
Stickers for gold and double gold awards will also be available for purchase for the winners. A one-time print run will be done, and extra stickers will be available on a first come, first served basis. You do not have to order stickers.