The Aurora International Taste Challenge was established to recognise and award food product excellence, while helping consumers purchase award-winning, scientifically rated products with confidence. The Aurora International Taste Challenge 2020 will be held in South Africa to celebrate and honour universal food quality.
This year, water of all types will be judged and awarded, as well as beer and cider, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Our judges will include a cherry-picked lineup of sommeliers and other food industry professionals.
While many consumers are brand loyal, most would pick another product if they were provided with fair ratings on alternative products. Some people may be willing to invest in either cheaper or more costly choices, depending on their personal preference, and the quality awards that are conferrred during this competition would significantly enhance their perception of these products.
The Aurora Taste Challenge will grant merit and trophy awards to exceptional products available worldwide. We are proud to be setting new industry standards.
Non-alcoholic drinks judged this year will be:
- Water – both Flavoured and Unflavoured
- Non-Alcoholic alternatives to popular drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Energy drinks
- Sports drinks
- Health/Nutritional drinks
- CBD infused drinks
- Coffee – in Ready-to-Drink format
- Tea – in Ready-to-drink format
- Fruit Juice
- Vegetable Juices
- Yogurt based drinks
- Flavoured Milk
- Vegetable Milk (Flavoured and Unflavoured)
- Kombucha (Must have less that 0.5% alcohol)
Alcoholic categories that will be judged include:
- Kombutcha (Must have alcohol level of more than 0.5% alcohol)
- Spirit based drinks
- Wine based drinks
- Cocktails that are well known
- Other Cocktails that are fruit/vegetable based
- Shots/Shooters Liquid
- Shots Jelly/Jello